Monday, June 10, 2013

We have a vocalist!

Not too many new developments in Zelda's world. She is still a very timid kitty. Now that she has been properly fed for several weeks, food actually works a little better as a motivational tool. So we have started to sit in her view when wet food is out. She wasn't happy about that at first, but she is working on getting used to us being closer and eating with us nearby. This has also helped with her eating her dry food! I was afraid she was getting spoiled with the wet food since she didn't really touch the dry food. Now she is definitely chomping on both. I would love to know how much weight she is gaining since she was way too skinny when she first arrived.

Zelda is definitely a night cat. Around midnight she will start to get really stir crazy and curious. I watch her on the cam and she is in and out of her box and looking around. She sits in the middle of her area and looks around. She is just waiting for me to go to bed so she can start her mischief. I caught her on cam making faces at me! (Ok, maybe not at me. But I felt like it was probably directed at me.)

Who knows what she does when we do go to bed. All I know is she is telling someone about it. Quite soon after I lie down I hear “meow, Meow, meOW, MEOW, MEOW, MEOW”. This only started a couple weeks ago. She hadn't made a peep before then. I only wish I knew what she was saying.

We wanted to do something special for her since she likes sitting in her box. It seemed a little cramped and figuring she likes to hide we thought a kitty tent/house thing would be great for her. Since I like to sew I thought I would just make one. So I did. It took a whole day! A cute little kitty tent with a super soft squishy kitty bed for inside. Well, she HATES it. Of course. She wouldn't go inside to save her life. I still have high hopes that she will come around and want to lounge inside of it, but I know better in reality. Ahhh life with a cat!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Current Foster:

Our Current Foster:
Powered by Blogger.

In Support Of: